Saturday, February 20, 2010

Haven't been posting, completely forgot I had a food blog lol.
This is a tasty soup. I've only made it once so far, and I actually made it on the stovetop as opposed to slow cooker coz I had some already cooked and shredded chicken, so this was easy to throw together and not have to wait all day to eat!

Chicken Enchilada Soup
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn (I used a drained can)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper (I used green, hate red)
10-ounce can enchilada sauce
10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese (I used cheddar or monterey jack, I don't remember which, but any will do)
2 chicken breasts (I used about 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken that I had from leftovers)

In a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup. Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips. Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it's all cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment