Thursday, June 17, 2010

Buttermilk Herb Dressing/Salad

I made this last night to go with the salads that we had for dinner. A simple main course salad- I used part of a head of green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, on-the-vine tomatoes, avocado, shredded parmesan, smoked honey turkey, red onion, shredded carrots, and fat free herb croutons. It was soooooo good, and really hit the spot with this freakin heat we've been having!!!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup buttermilk (I used lowfat)
1/2 cup RF mayo
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (I didn't have any, so I used 2 green onions instead)
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (I ended up using more like 4 tbsp)
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (didn't have, so I used just a few shakes of dried)
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper (I used 1/4 tsp)
1 garlic clove, minced (I used about 1 tsp of garlic in a jar)

Directions:
Place in blender, blend about 30 seconds or til herbs are finely chopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment