Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taco Ring

This was tonight's dinner. Yummy. I haven't made it in years! I don't think I have made it since I had G! The kids loved it though! I believe this is a Pampered Chef recipe, my mother gave it to me several years ago after I got married.
To the ground beef, I added about 1/2 can of drained and rinsed black beans.

Ingredients:
3/4 lb ground beef (I used lean)
1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
1 cup (4 oz. weight) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp water
2 (8 oz each) pkgs. refrigerated crescent roll dough ( I used the reduced fat, and they taste the same as regular!)

Optional for serving:
shredded lettuce
chopped tomato
chopped onions
sliced black olives
salsa
sour cream (of course I used light lol)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook ground beef. When done, drain (if you use lean or extra lean, you probably won't have to drain it). Turn off heat, remove from burner and stir in seasoning mix, cheese and water. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle on a 13" round pizza pan, with bases overlapping in center and points to outside (there should be a five inch diameter circle in center). Spoon meat mixture over rolls, in the wide area. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered). Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut and serve with desired toppings/accompaniments.
*I like to spread a little sour cream on mine, then top it with some shredded lettuce, black olives, and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment